Our Micro-Coated super elastic NiTi archwires are coated on the labial surface with a tough, tooth coloured PTFE polymer for the ultimate aesthetic finish.
The PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) coating is .0005" thick and applied only to the labial surface of the archwire. By coating only the mesial surface, friction and sliding mechanics are improved, and premature wear on the coating is greatly reduced when compared to fully coated aesthetic wires.
The tough coating is resistant to staining from harsh substances, such as coffee and juices, and impervious to cracking, flaking, chipping or peeling when bends are applied or the wire is deformed.
- European arch shape
- Packs of 10
- Wire properties are identical to uncoated wires
- Only the visible surface of the arch wire is coated
- Improved friction compared to fully coated wires
- Safe, tough and stain-resistant PTFE coating
- Light, continuous force for efficient tooth movement
- Excellent resiliency, high resistance to permanent set